Thursday, February 9, 2012

Knife Skills

Today I brought carrots and celery which I cut up myself  for a healthy accompaniment to my lunch---or wise snacking. Preparing healthy foods and making good choices are one of the side effects of my commitment to staying fit and vital. I sniff the pen  and the space between cravings stretches longer and longer allowing me to see what health is about. And it isn't about pretzels, quick food and excuses.


I love knives and cutting fruits and vegetables---I'm my wife's sous-chef in the kitchen and it works out great. My knife skills are pretty good. If you want to update yours check out this cool book. http://www.eatyourbooks.com/library/10721/knife-skills-in-the-kitchen

Swam again this morning for 2O minutes. I want to keep the habit alive. If you are just starting a workout program, commit to getting there, even if you don't workout. Schedule your (non-negotiable) time  and stick to it. They say the first step out the door is the hardest---get that part out of the way and eventually the workouts will improve. And don't let the weather become your excuse. Dress correctly and think positive---no mental chatter. It was cold on the bike today, but I just think of myself as Leif Erickson exploring and I warm up fast. http://www.mnc.net/norway/LeifErikson.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment