Friday, February 10, 2012

Just noticed that I need to make another notch in my belt. Happily looking forward to buying a new one. I don't weigh
myself, since I do not want to be a slave to the numbers or to attach my self esteem to an arbitrary number. I use
my clothes and how they fit as a fast indication of what is happening. The clothes don't shrink---I was expanding, but
looked for excuses and justifications. I recently had a check up and noticed that I hadn't really gained weight, since last
year, but things were fitting differently. My muscle mass had most likely gone down (not ideal), so that is another reason not to go
by the scale; instead clothes, well being and energy level.

The diet support pen is allowing me to focus on so many aspects of my health and well being. Actually, the loss of appetite or fixation on
food is so freeing that I am able to chip away at what it was that had prevented me from being honest about comforting (illusion, since never felt good after overeating)
myself with excess food.

I really have an appreciation now for fine food and the subtle tastes. Last night my wife and I ate at the Crooked Knife and thoroughly enjoyed it.
http://www.thecrookedknife.com/ Between us we ate one little roll in the bread basket and waited comfortably for our meal. I had a delicious hamburger and substituted the
french fries for a salad. I took my time and cut it into small bites with a knife and fork. I think I realize now not to shove large chunks of food
into me, but patiently nourish myself and enjoy the experience.  I feel as if I am honoring the food and experience the way Europeans do. Less is more and
quality trumps quantity.

No comments:

Post a Comment