Tuesday, May 1, 2012


Personal mini triumphs can feel huge and keep us on our new and wonderous paths.
The other night had a function to attend and knew I wouldn't being eating for hours---turned out 11:30 at night---soI pulled into a gas station mini store to get a "little something." The least offensive thing that I could
find (or zoomed in on) was my old default bag of pretzels. I wasn't happy because one voice in my head
obviously wanted it and the other didn't. I was about to pay when I noticed next to the bullet proof window
was a big basket of bananas. Eureka---I turned around, put the pretzels back, bought a banana and even
saved 50 cents. I felt so proud being true to the new me.
Between the banana and some Sniffs of the pen I was perfectly fine, free of food thoughts and focused
on the drama before me for the four and half hours, until I could eat. Best of all, I didn't gorge like
my friends, but calmly took what I wanted and ate with delight---not overeating-- and not with the anger they
had because they were "starving."

No comments:

Post a Comment